Just as we have all learned over the years that there is “no I in team.” We move to start a trend that the only “e” in endure is at the end. To fully understand the meaning of teamindure, it is important to look at the definitions of each word… Check out Pete’s blog
What is teamindure?
- It is a community designed to honor those individuals that are running in their own health marathons or triathlons with long-term illness.
- Every race/event no matter what distance we enter is our choice, theirs is not
- We know what training it will take to complete our event, they are forced to go without the training or experience and learn as they go
- We know where the finish line is, they may never know
- Those that are fortunate to feel like they have crossed the finish line to a remission or a cure, may never know when they will be forced to start all over again.
- The only thing they count on is the support of their fans to get them through.
Who is teamindure?
- We are walkers, runners, cyclists, and triathletes with a common goal
Reasons to Get Involved
- Membership in a community of like minded individuals
- Dedicated Web Page which allows the ability to detail your journey and those your indure4
- For any fundraising efforts, the ability to fundraise for more than one Charity
- Ability to direct all traffic to your web page and not feel obligated to open up personal facebook page to all possible donors.
- No time limit on fundraising – most events with fundraising pages close after the event is over
- Personalized Fundraising Tools to improve success
- Personalized merchandise/race gear and accessories
- Greater opportunity to raise awareness for those with long term health issues
- Increasing accountability – there is great responsibility in wearing someones name on your gear
- Not a Runner/Triathlete you can still financially support the day to day operations of teamindure through sponsorship or by purchasing merchandise
- Eventhough “the i in teamindure is silent, the message speaks volumes”
Join our #teamindure2017challenge which is to not make excuses, to push limits, and to dedicate each mile on foot and bike to those who struggle with long term illness. Please consider joining either our “teamindure” team for runners/cyclists or “teamindurerun” for runners on www.charitymiles.org to help have your miles and voice heard as businesses make donations to some great charities. We currently are 21 strong and have logged over 7300 miles over this past year. Congrats to all our team members. Be sure to tell your friends, lets grow our team and aim for 10,000 miles before the end of the year.